The cornerstone of fleet management is maritime reports, which record everything that has happened onboard any given ship in the past 24 hours. The difficulty of quickly analyzing these reports is that each captain sends different data, resulting in a complex mixture of Excel, Google Sheets and applications accessible via APIs.
The solution? An end-to-end automated cloud data warehouse that allows Greenpeace to ingest its maritime reports, quickly prepare them, and publish the results out in a simple consumable format. Torbjorn Zetterlund, Digital Innovation Manager at Greenpeace International, manages the entire process single-handedly. Despite the complexity of the data problem at hand, Zetterlund has been able to leverage this solution to vastly improve the speed and accuracy of mission-critical reporting.
In this latest Data Science Central webinar recording, you will learn from an experienced practitioner on:
- Best practices for building an end-to-end cloud data warehouse (data collection, data preparation and reporting)
- How to turn disparate and inconsistent data into clean and normalized data that’s ready for reporting
- How to automate a data pipeline (from connected and disconnected sources) and manage the unexpected
- How to deliver a solution in record time with a one-man team
- Bertrand Cariou, Sr. Director Product – Trifacta
- Torbjorn Zetterlund, Digital Innovation Manager – Greenpeace International
- Sean Welch, Host & Producer – Data Science Central