Financing Caps Record Breaking Year of Growth and Customer Adoption
San Francisco, CA – February 9, 2016 – Trifacta, the global leader in data wrangling, today announced it has raised $35M in growth-stage financing from existing investors Accel Partners, Greylock Partners, Ignition Partners and new investor Cathay Innovation. The new funding brings the company’s total amount raised to more than $76 million. The additional financing will be used to fuel the growth of Trifacta’s global field organization and the continuing innovation of its award-winning products.
“Trifacta has created the way organizations are unlocking the value of their diverse, complex data by empowering non-technical users to discover, cleanse and blend information themselves,” said Frank Artale, managing partner at Ignition Partners. “We’re excited about the tremendous momentum Trifacta has built today and are looking forward to accelerating that success in Europe and Asia with the help of Cathay Innovation.”
“The multibillion-dollar big data and IoT revolution requires a modern, innovative approach to preparing data and empowering end users,” said Ping Li, partner at Accel and director of the Big Data Fund. “Trifacta delivers that platform. We’ve backed Trifacta’s incredible team from the beginning and are excited to help the company scale to take advantage of this significant market opportunity.”
“Trifacta’s disruptive approach to data wrangling has cemented their position as the leader in the category,” said Denis Barrier, co-founder, Cathay Innovation. “We are delighted to be able to leverage Cathay’s extensive network in Europe and Asia to support Trifacta in delivering their innovative technology to customers around the globe.”
“2015 was a breakout year for Trifacta, from customer wins with companies like Kaiser Permanente, Juniper Networks, TeliaSonera and Royal Bank of Scotland, to an expanded partnership with Cloudera, to recognition by key industry analysts as the leader in data preparation,” said Adam Wilson, CEO at Trifacta. “With the significant data challenges facing organizations today, it’s great to see thousands of companies turning to Trifacta to enable their end users to wrangle data of all shapes and sizes.”
Trifacta 2015 Highlights:
- Increased sales over 700 percent and added new users at more than 3,000 companies, spanning 105 countries around the globe.
- Expanded customer base to include global brands such as Citco, TeliaSonera, Royal Bank of Scotland, Proctor & Gamble, Juniper Networks, Sanofi, Kaiser Permanente, Pfizer and PepsiCo.
- Earned the top ranking in the first End User Data Preparation study by Dresner Advisory Services.
- Launched partnerships with Salesforce, MapR Technologies and Zoomdata, in addition to expanding efforts with existing partners Cloudera, Hortonworks and Tableau.
- Strengthened the executive team with the addition of proven industry leaders, Sachin Chawla who joined the company as vice president of engineering to lead the team in delivering enterprise-grade software solutions, and Joe Scheuermann who was appointed to vice president of marketing to increase demand generation and product marketing efforts.
- Launched Trifacta Wrangler, a free, connected desktop edition of its data wrangling software to address the needs of analysts who work with data in Excel or self-service visualization tools, such as Tableau.
- Released v3 of Trifacta Wrangler Enterprise, furthering Trifacta’s leadership in the Hadoop market by augmenting user experience to empower a diverse range of users to work more productively with data, regardless of technical ability. The v3 release also established data governance requirements for security, metadata and data lineage management and operationalization for organizations implementing data wrangling solutions at enterprise scale.
- Opened operations in Europe with two new offices in London and Berlin, driven by the growing global big data market.
“Trifacta is a pioneer of self-service data preparation and data wrangling, and the rapid adoption of Wrangler, combined with expansion into Europe, illustrates there is significant interest in modern approaches to data discovery, governance and preparation as enterprises explore the benefits of more agile analytics environments,” said Matt Aslett, analyst at 451 Research.
Trifacta Award Highlights
- In 2016, Trifacta has already been named a Delta-V Award winner for the big data platforms category by Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG). Last year, Trifacta won the Technology Innovation Award for End User Data Preparation from Dresner Advisory Services and was also named a 2015 Ventana Research Technology Innovation award winner in the big data category.
- Trifacta was selected as a 2015 Red Herring Top 100 North America Winner, showcasing the company’s momentum in the big data space and was also named to the The Channel Company’s 2015 CRN¬Æ Big Data 100, a list that recognizes companies that bring innovative tools, technologies and services to market, helping organizations productively manage, process and analyze the increasing volume of information being generated today.
To experience Trifacta first hand, download Trifacta Wrangler for free today at trifacta.uptrending.com/start-wrangling/.
- Learn about Trifacta products
- Read CEO Adam Wilson’s blog on the funding
- Download Trifacta Wrangler for free
- Follow us on Twitter
- Become a fan on Facebook
- Connect on LinkedIn
Trifacta, the global leader in data wrangling software, significantly enhances the value of an enterprise’s big data by enabling users to easily transform and enrich raw, complex data into clean and structured formats for analysis. Leveraging decades of innovative work in human-computer interaction, scalable data management and machine learning, Trifacta’s unique technology creates a partnership between user and machine, with each side learning from the other and becoming smarter with experience. Trifacta is backed by Accel Partners, Cathay Innovation, Greylock Partners, and Ignition Partners.
Nolan Necoechea for Trifacta