Data discovery is a critical step when working with complicated data. The process of data discovery allows you to gain some initial understanding as to what is actually in the dataset and how it can be leveraged for analytics and business insights.
However, the process of data discovery can be quite difficult when working with various datasets that are not well-structured to begin with or that are too large to use with common tools such as excel. For an analyst working with a new or third-party dataset for the first time, the faster they’re able to perform the process of data discovery, then the faster they’re able to show value or ROI from their work.
Trifacta offers a unique end-to-end data wrangling tool designed to help data analysts or business professionals perform the data discovery process of taking raw data sources and transforming them into the appropriate format for analysis, right from the desktop. With Trifacta Wrangler the user will be able to see how the data will be useful for different types of analysis. Using Trifacta’s six step data wrangling process the user can:
- Discover – evaluate and explore data to quickly determine the value and potential of a datasets.
- Structure – change formats or schemas with predictive transformations that allow you to automatically split data into rows and columns.
- Cleanse – identify data quality issues, such as missing data or mismatched values and apply the appropriate transformation to correct or delete these values from the dataset.
- Enrich – execute lookups to data dictionaries or execute joins with disparate datasets using machine learning to rapidly identify appropriate join keys across diverse datasets.
- Validate – check and correct any missing or mismatched data before starting analysis.
- Publish – deliver output to data analytics tools or downstream analytic users.
Trifacta helps to greatly reduces the time and resources it takes to perform challenging data preparation takes and help you get to the data analysis faster.
How Trifacta accelerates data discovery:
- Provides users with the best-fit visualization for each specific type of data automatically.
- Enables analysts to interactively filter and find relationships across attributes in a dataset.
- Identifies potential data quality issues such as missing or mismatching values.
To learn more about how Trifacta accelerates data discovery and how it ties into the broader data wrangling process, we invite you to download our free ebook Six Core Data Wrangling Activities: An introductory guide to data wrangling with Trifacta.