GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is the one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, with operations in more than 150 countries. Over the course of its history, GSK has conducted thousands of clinical trials in hundreds of different formats. In order to allow for the re-use and broader availability of that clinical trial data across the organization, GSK needed to consolidate this data into a singular format, and provide non-technical researchers and scientists with a means to explore and prepare the data themselves.
- To gain access to clinical trial data, GSK scientists were required to send data requirements to an analytical team that delivered their results in weeks or months
- Given the huge volumes and complex nature of the data, such as genomic data, scientists had limited visibility into the unaltered, raw content of their data, which led to oversights and missed opportunities for future clinical trials
- The inability to leverage siloed historical clinical trial data led to inefficient clinical trial processes that ultimately delayed drug production and wasted R&D spend
Solution with Designer Cloud powered by Trifacta
- Designer Cloud intuitive interface allows clinical researchers to wrangle R&D data themselves, which has dramatically reduced analysis cycles compared to prior methods
- Designer Cloud automatic recognition and visual representations of complex data allows the GSK team to quickly profile raw R&D data by particular segments, which has accelerated the team’s understanding what’s in the data and how it can be used
- In conjunction with a centralized data platform, GSK leverages Designer Cloud to look across historical clinical trials in order to make better decisions about how to run future trials
GlaxoSmithKline is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. It has commercial operations in more than 150 countries.