All EMC devices log performance, maintenance and other critical data on how customers are using their products. If analyzed correctly, EMC can leverage this usage information to inform product development, provide proactive maintenance and improve the company’s bottom line
- Usage logs from EMC devices come in a variety of unstructured and semi-structured formats not fit for analysis.
- Given the difficult nature of this data, heavy scripting and data manipulation was required to prepare usage data.
- Analysts relied on IT or technical users to build scripts to prepare this data for analysis.
Solution with Trifacta
- Trifacta relieves IT of the burden of provisioning and preparing diverse usage data for analytic exploration and use.
- Analysts are empowered to work with the raw data improving the agility and scope of how they can use the data.
- Time spent preparing data is reduced dramatically – allowing analysts to respond to the
EMC is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. For more information visit www.EMC.com.