Trifacta has been a regular at the Strata Data conference as a participant, speaker, sponsor, and vendor exhibitor. However, this year’s conference in New York proved to be our busiest to date. With two claimed Cloudera Impact awards, several Trifacta-led presentations, and a flurry of announcements and press activity, we were excited to see Trifacta (and our customers) recognized in more ways than one.
Over the last few years, we’ve seen data wrangling gain significant traction as a critical component of today’s modern analytics platform, but this year’s conference seemed to be less about the market itself and more about our position in it. Among customers, partners, and conference attendees, Trifacta was routinely named the leader in wrangling. Below, we’ve recapped some of the exciting events that occurred at Strata, as well as our news throughout the week.
- Leidos CAADS Partnership: To kick off the week, we officially announced that Trifacta has been selected as the data wrangling technology within the Leidos Collaborative Advanced Analytics and Data Sharing (CAADS) platform, which was further highlighted during our joint session at the conference. With the biggest government agencies leveraging the CAADS platform to solve complex national problems, we’re proud to partner with Leidos. Learn more about the partnership here.
- Deutsche Boerse Investment: A few weeks ago, we announced Deutsche Börse as a new Trifacta customer that wrangles a variety of data to drive new exchange market products. During Strata, they also announced their strategic investment in Trifacta, which was covered in Bloomberg.
- DataRobot Partnership: We announced our partnership with DataRobot, a machine learning platform, with a joint-customer reference from Consensus Corporation, a subsidiary of Target. The partnership enables organizations like Consensus to improve the efficiency and scale of performing predictive analytics to identify churn by modernizing data wrangling and automating machine learning. Learn more about the partnership here.
- Feature on Trifacta Customer Nordea Bank: Alasdair Anderson of Nordea Bank, a seasoned Trifacta customer, was profiled by TechTarget on how the bank is leveraging Trifacta to move ETL from IT to front line business users. Read the article here.
- Trifacta & Leidos Session on CDC Use Case: Our joint session with Leidos and the CDC, featuring Trifacta customer success manager Connor Carreras, showcased how the CDC is utilizing Trifacta within the Leidos CAADS platform to link the outbreak of HIV to opioid usage. Given the timeliness of the opioid crisis, we were excited to help share the CDC’s groundbreaking findings.
- Session on Deploying Enterprise-Wide Big Data Apps: Trifacta co-founder Sean Kandel and senior software engineer Kaushal Gandhi presented on the best practices for building and deploying applications to support large-scale data exploration and analysis.
Cloudera Impact Awards
- Customer GSK Wins Rookie of the Year: GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) won the Cloudera Impact Awards’ “Rookie of the Year” category, earning recognition for implementing a new Big Data Information Platform that delivers a holistic view of the company’s data in the R&D division for the first time in the its history. With Trifacta, GSK is more efficiently wrangling complex R&D data to develop new drugs. Learn more about the award winners here.
- Trifacta Wins AI/ML Partner Impact Award: Trifacta won the Cloudera’s Partner Awards’ “Innovators in Machine Learning and AI” category. The award highlights partners who have developed and implemented solutions that help Cloudera customers gain insights into their business, and Trifacta was just one of five winners. Learn more about the award winners here.
For more information on how Trifacta can help your analysts wrangle disparate data, download our ebook on the Six Core Data Wrangling Activities