The most interesting and opportunity-rich area of the data lifecycle happens in the work before the actual analysis. This exciting work is absolutely essential to the success of any data-driven project. It’s where new data products are born. It’s where messy data is transformed into something beautiful and valuable. It’s where the magic happens.
Who makes that magic happen? Data engineers.
Data engineering, as a discipline, is hot. It’s the fastest growing job in technology. A recent study from job listing site Dice shows demand for data engineers was up 50% in 2020.
“Much of the work done by data scientists proves to be very difficult without the support of data engineers,” Dice reports in 2020: The Year of the Citizen Data Engineer. “The volume, velocity, and variety of data available … increases daily, and data engineers are fundamental to ensuring their success by creating scalable, reliable, and efficient systems for processing and delivering data.”
The central theme that runs through all of this is that data has become the frontier for competition and the ability to create unique, high quality data products based on increasingly diverse and constantly changing data sources will play a huge role in separating the winners from the losers in the next decade.
If you move, structure, clean, or pipeline data to drive critical enterprise decisions, you’re doing the work of data engineering. You’re the one who’s preserving the credibility of analytics and protecting ML/AI models. You’re the hero in data-driven projects.
And it’s time you got your own conference: Wrangle Summit 2021.
The Data Engineering Event of the Year
I’m thrilled to announce that Trifacta and Google Cloud have joined forces to host Wrangle Summit 2021, the first industry event to focus exclusively on modern data engineering. Coming to a screen near you on April 7-9, 2021, this virtual event shines a spotlight on the rapidly evolving work and technology of data engineering to move, structure, clean, and pipeline data to drive critical enterprise decisions.
This is not a “Trifacta show.” This is a true industry event that showcases the leading minds who are shaping the future of this emerging discipline. This event combines some of the latest thinking in academia with practical applications to data driven businesses. It draws on cross-disciplinary principles in software engineering, data science, and business leadership. The companies participating and the best practices to be shared are wide ranging… covering everything from some of the largest financial institutions on the planet, to government agencies and growth startups.
The Superstar Lineup of Speakers
Just check out the brain power scheduled to speak at Wrangle Summit 2021:
- Debanjan Saha – Data Analytics Vice President and General Manager, Google; IEEE Fellow
- Benoit Dageville – Co-founder and President of Products, Snowflake
- Matei Zaharia – Co-founder and Chief Technologist, Databricks; Assistant Professor of Computer Science, Stanford University
- Tristan Handy – Founder and CEO, Fishtown Analytics
- Rob Woollen – Co-founder and CTO, Sigma Computing
- Joe Hellerstein – Co-founder and CSO, Trifacta; Professor of Computer Science, UC Berkeley
- Jeffrey Heer – Co-founder and CXO, Trifacta; Professor of Computer Science, University of Washington
- Salahuddin Khawaja – Former Managing Director of Automation & Global Risk, Bank of America
- Eileen M. Vidrine – Air Force Chief Data Officer, U.S. Air Force
- Ells Campbell – Computational Biologist, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Zack Pike – CIO, Callahan
- James Wilcox – Co-Founder & Managing Partner, PlusUp
- Brad Parkel – VP Marketing, Singlewire Software
Take a peek at the full agenda of keynotes and panel discussions, along with session abstracts and speakers.
The Reasons You Should Register Now
We all know data can be messy. But if you know how to refine raw data and engineer unique data products, you can gain insights from your data that can catalyze real, measurable business success.
That’s what you’ll learn at Wrangle Summit 2021. You’ll get access to all the best people, ideas, and technology in data engineering, all in one place.
Register now to:
- Learn, share, and grow the discipline of data engineering and network with some of the world’s leading minds who are shaping its future
- See the latest tools and techniques for accelerating data analysis
- Get training and certifications in new data engineering skills that can advance your career