As we start the new year, it’s a good time for reflection on a productive year at Trifacta full of new and exciting features. We’ve improved many different parts of the product, from adding new transformations and functions, to improving various UI/UX elements, let’s take a look at the top 10 of 2019!
Macros provide customizable, reusable groups of steps that can be used to build a library of the most common recipe steps your organization needs to streamline your wrangling and let you focus instead on exciting data analytics challenges and finding new insights.
2. Transform by Example: Transform by Example is a new paradigm in data interaction: rather than directly creating data transformation steps, Transform by Example allows you to provide examples of how you’d like the end state of your data to look, and Trifacta will figure out the steps needed to get there.
3.Trifacta Smart Cleaning brings scale and flexibility to the traditionally rigid processes of standardization.
4. Alerts and Notifications: Webhooks allow you to connect to third party applications to send notifications upon job completion. Email Alerts will send emails upon job completion.
Native Connectivity to Snowflake and Redshift provides read and write to the most popular data warehouses at scale.
By blending visual guidance, user interaction, and machine intelligence into an intuitive user interface, Trifacta’s Active Profiling enhances the ability to profile, discover, and validate data quality issues.
Three new Transformations for One Hot Encoding, Binning, and Scaling.
- PDF Import
- AWS glue integration
- sFTP for Windows and Linux file systems
- ADLS Gen 2 Support
- Databricks and Delta Tables
- Firefox compatibility
- Input and Output file path parameterization
- Broad array of New Functions
- $sourcerow and $filepath give information on the source datasets name and index, functions allow you to perform mathematical calculations on arrays, allow for single and multicolumn ranking, and new allow you to calculate correlation and covariance between columns and quartiles and percentiles within columns.
Rapid Target improvements include fuzzy matching to allow for auto column mapping even when the column name and data do not perfectly match.
New Join improvements provide more visibility on the data throughout the join process and keep you in the transformer window for a more seamless join experience.
Improvements to our data type menus make searching and navigating much easier. Alongside this, we have improved locale settings to ensure that those in different regions of the world have date format standards for that region enabled by default.
We have lots of exciting improvements coming in 2020. Interested in trying Trifacta for yourself? today!