Berlin Senior Technical Product Manager Job Description
Trifacta is looking for a talented Product Manager to help change the way people work with data. We are a small and dedicated team working on a challenging and interesting problem in the data space. In this role, our flat organizational structure and collaborative culture provide you with a significant opportunity to contribute to core product requirements and strategy.
As a member of the product management team, you will have exposure to all phases of taking a product to market. You will be driving product requirements and prioritization based on multiple channels of input - collaborating and working very closely inbound with engineering and design teams, outbound with sales and marketing teams.
Trifacta, the pioneer in data transformation, significantly enhances the value of an enterprise’s data by enabling users to easily transform raw, complex data into clean and structured inputs for analysis. Leveraging decades of innovative work in human-computer interaction, scalable data management, and machine learning, Trifacta’s unique Predictive Interaction technology creates a bidirectional partnership between user and machine, with each component learning from the other and becoming smarter through use. Trifacta is backed by venture capital firms Accel, Greylock and Ignition Partners and is headquartered in San Francisco. Its founders and technical advisors include global leaders in data science, interaction design, and big data.
- Minimum of 4 years of working experience in software industry with 2 or more in product management or equivalent discipline, ideally in one of the data management domains (e.g. integration, transformation, machine learning or BI/analytics)
- Significant experience defining requirements for core platform and backend functionality (API based services, user administration and connectivity including relational, application & rest services)
- Past responsibility owning product offerings for end user developers, IT architects and administrators over multiple releases
- Examples of collaboration with UX and UI development for platform features exposed to end users
- Experience in balancing product requirements and prioritization between customer requests, partner products and internal product teams.
- Experience working at an early stage software company or taking brand new product offerings to market in an established company
- Comfortable cutting through ambiguity and getting to decisions
- Self driven, you can keep things moving forward without external pressure
- Collaborative and outgoing
- Willing to travel occasionally to customers in Europe and HQ in San Francisco
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a similar technical discipline
- Knowledge and exposure to data analysis and data management tools and solutions
- Experience working on a customer managed/deployed software product
- Experience with cloud technologies and platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP is a huge plus
- Flexibility working across different offices and maintain diligent communications across broader geographically distributed teams and time zones
- Experience analyzing and making decisions based off of product usage information
- Strong analytical, written, and communication skills
- Work in a friendly, multicultural team in our brand-new offices in the heart of Berlin
- Free German classes once per week
- Free lunch twice a week
- Brand new Macbook Pro
- Free snacks and coffee
- Continued education budget
- Friday happy hour with free drinks
- Learn from experts with deep industry experience
- Occasional trips to company offsites and the San Francisco office
- Relocation help if outside of Berlin