Trifacta, the pioneer in data transformation, significantly enhances the value of an enterprise’s Big Data by enabling users to easily transform raw, complex data into clean and structured inputs for analysis. Leveraging decades of innovative work in human-computer interaction, scalable data management, and machine learning, Trifacta’s unique Predictive Interaction technology creates a bidirectional partnership between user and machine, with each component learning from the other and becoming smarter through use. Trifacta is backed by venture capital firms Accel, Greylock and Ignition Partners and is headquartered in San Francisco.
For more information about the company and its values, see https://www.trifacta.com/about-us/.
Come join our small but growing Documentation team for the leading vendor in the data preparation space! The company and its products are growing in many directions, so there are plenty of opportunities to find the right place where you can make a significant difference. The Technical Writer will work closely with Trifacta developers to the author, edit, and publish high-quality technical product documentation for an exciting product line in a green-field enterprise market: data prep.
This role will be based in our Bengaluru office, reporting to the Documentation Manager in San Francisco, California.
Tasks essential to this position include:
- Excellent English written skills
- Demonstrated ability to write clean and clear technical content for complex software products with remote supervision
- Familiarity and comfort with working in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Follow in-house standards for content development, including single-source authoring techniques.
- Explore and learn software features in development.
- Support the release process of new versions of Trifacta products.
- Create and share knowledge with internal customers.
- 3-6 years of experience in technical writing for enterprise software or closely related field
- Written fluency in English
- Demonstrable single-source authoring experience
- Significant Confluence and JIRA experience required
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Degree or certificate in Technical Writing, English, or equivalent area. Technical degrees are fine, too.
- Comfort with interviewing SMEs for technical details
- Self-motivated problem solver
- Team player with a can-do, customer-focused attitude
- API documentation could become an area of ownership for the right candidate. Help chart our pathway forward!
- Some experience authoring in HTML
- Familiarity with personas, user journeys, and their roles in the content lifecycle
- Programming experience is a plus.
- Work in a world-class team - our founders are leading experts in data science, interaction design, and big data
- Contribute and grow with an ambitious startup backed up by top tier investors