Trifacta is a rapidly growing, cloud based, data integration & data management platform.As the Vice President of Sales Engineering, you will build and scale a diverse team of talented Sales Engineers that will help take our sales process to the next level.
Trifacta’s mission is to create radical productivity for people who analyze data. We’re deeply focused on solving for the biggest bottleneck in the data lifecycle, "Data Wrangling". Trifacta is backed by leading venture capital firms Accel, Greylock, Ignition Partners and Google and is headquartered in San Francisco. Its founders and technical advisors include global leaders in data science, interaction design, and big data.
WHAT WE NEED:
- Someone with BI, Data Integration background with Hadoop knowledge
- Someone who has worked in a startup
- Someone who has led a team of 10 or more and can scale a team.
- Someone who is a “lead from the front” personality.
Likes to get up in front of the audience and “make calls” and “teach”
- 5-10 years of management experience with a proven track record of success.
- 2-5 years of experience, at the VP level, leading a sales engineering organization.
- Experience managing and growing a team of 10 to infinity
- Experience working within a business intelligence, data integration, and big data companies
- Ability to understand business problems of C-level executives; discuss these problems and present & prepare solutions.
- Strong analytical and technical skills to identify trends and patterns.
- Proven proficiency in running metrics-driven and process-oriented organizations.
- Proven ability to act in a player/coach role and mentor team members.
- Familiarity with sales methodologies such as Sandler
- Demonstrated ability to define and roll-out consistent traps against competition,
- Demonstrated ability to handle objections and think on your feet
The Sales Engineering team works closely with the sales organization to show Trifacta prospects product value pre-sale. They develop sales approaches, present technical presentations and conduct hands-on workshops to prospects, customers, and company associates.
As a senior member of the Go-To-Market staff you'll be responsible for:
- coordinating a global organization of Sales Engineers
- coordination of the regional leaders around the globe to ensure the corporate strategy is communicated with each of the operating regions.
- Additionally, you will share the needs of the team with the global Go-To-Market leadership group
- Recruit, develop, and improve, the Sales Engineering organization and processes to successfully meet and exceed the company’s sales and revenue goals.
Key Focus Areas:
- Partner closely with sales management to meet the company’s business objectives and ensure the successful sale and deployment of company solutions.
- Coordinate with global sales managers and define strategy and operational model for coverage. This involves regular meetings with sales and other global and regional management to ensure the team is providing proper support for the sales team.
- Assist regional directors with planning for the team to avoid gaps in coverage, tracking utilization for planning and resolving resourcing conflicts when necessary.
- Team Mentoring and Leadership
- - Provide your staff with guidance through regular reviews will help to achieve targets
- - Synchronize regularly with regional leaders to align the strategy and approach for the Sales Engineering function.
- - Drive cross-functional technical enablement through annual Tech Symposium (cross functional tech enablement event), Technical Sessions at Sales Kickoff, and other enablement events.