Trifacta, the pioneer in data transformation, significantly enhances the value of an enterprise’s Big Data by enabling users to easily transform raw, complex data into clean and structured inputs for analysis. Leveraging decades of innovative work in human-computer interaction, scalable data management, and machine learning, Trifacta’s unique Predictive Interaction technology creates a bidirectional partnership between user and machine, with each component learning from the other and becoming smarter through use. Trifacta is backed by venture capital firms Accel, Greylock and Ignition Partners and is headquartered in San Francisco. Its founders and technical advisors include global leaders in data science, interaction design, and big data
What You’ll Do:
What You’ll Do:
- Work cross-collaboratively with all our teams to improve our customers’ and users’ experiences.
- Recruit, screen, consent, and schedule participants for research, (remote and in-person, moderated), surveys, and field studies.
- Manage and streamline our repository of research findings with the goal of easily being able to find past research and organizing our understanding about our users.
- Write research scripts and surveys.
- Under the guidance of the senior staff, plan and conduct empathy & discovery research.
- Design and conduct usability studies in collaboration with our design team.
The parts you don’t know how to do, we’ll help you learn. The parts you already are pretty good at? We can help each other improve.
Expectations for Success
- Degree in program relevant to UX Research (we have open minds) - M.S. or PhD preferred.
- Previous hands-on experience in qualitative research required.
- Very strong organizational skills.
- You have a strong understanding of social science methods, HCI, or a related field that will allow you to engage customers and synthesize broad patterns.
- You’re comfortable communicating your findings and defending your results. You should be thoughtful, humble, and empathetic.
- Your curiosity about people drives you. You’re willing to think creatively and use whatever tools, knowledge, or skills you have at your disposal to answer the big questions that keep you up at night.
- You understand the strengths and weaknesses of different qualitative and quantitative research methods, and how they might apply to the different phases of product design.
- You’ve been involved in recruiting participants before. You know how challenging it can be.
- Bonuses: Passion for data, skills in analytics, or strong quantitative background.
*************************THIS IS A 3 MONTH CONTRACT WITH POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION************************