Trifacta, the pioneer in data transformation, significantly enhances the value of an enterprise’s Big Data by enabling users to easily transform raw, complex data into clean and structured inputs for analysis. Leveraging decades of innovative work in human-computer interaction, scalable data management, and machine learning, Trifacta’s unique Predictive Interaction technology creates a bidirectional partnership between user and machine, with each component learning from the other and becoming smarter through use. Trifacta is backed by venture capital firms Accel, Greylock and Ignition Partners and is headquartered in San Francisco. Its founders and technical advisors include global leaders in data science, interaction design, and big data.
Job Description – Solution Architect
Trifacta is looking for an experienced Solution Architect with a track record of success to join our Customer Success (CS) team. We’re looking for someone passionate about engaging with customers as the key technical advisor and advocate to drive and manage the technology implementation stages of the adoption process. This role will be the primary customer-facing technical member of the CSM team but also cross functions with product management, engineering, and marketing in addition to collaborating on the success of customers’ technical implementation and business value of Trifacta.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science and a minimum of 5 years experience in a customer-facing or support role working with enterprise software solutions
- Experience in a development team and the ability to work as part of a team to formulate technical solutions to help customers meet business objectives.
- A precise understanding of enterprise software product architecture and deployment strategies in various ecosystems
- Experience in Installation, upgrades, debugging of enterprise data platforms including Cloudera and Hortonworks
- Strong experience in Hadoop and Big data experience that includes Hive/Spark/MapReduce
- Assist customer adoption by creating documentation and transferring knowledge of advanced technical concepts
- Ability to build strong relationships with our customer's technical staff, Understand customer’s technical environments and requirements and articulate product solutions that fit specific requirements.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Travel up to 50%
- Data industry experience – application integration/ETL, BI, big data, analytic applications
- Start-up experience preferred
- Ability to fine-tune spark and Hadoop configuration
- Experience with AWS, GCP and Azure Cloud infrastructure and design
- Unix and Hadoop Admin background
- Good understanding of network and server architecture
- Good understanding of databases (Example Oracle, MySQL, Teradata, Postgres, MSSQL, Redshift, Snowflake)
- Experience with Docker and containerization architecture
- Design and implement solutions using RESTful APIs
- Experience in programming language Python, Java and Scala
- Experience with troubleshooting technical challenges to resolution in the Hadoop and Cloud echo systems.
- Experience with authentication and security frameworks systems such as AD/LDAP, SAML, Kerberos
- Knowledge of cataloging and metadata governance tools
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik
Job percentage requirement:
| Typical job/requirement | Percentage
| Install and upgrade Trifacta enterprise software product in Hadoop and cloud ecosystems | 25%
| Work with customer’s enterprise architects / technical stakeholders to provide guidance and advanced solutions on their Trifacta and data platform architecture | 25%
| Debug customer issues in complex Hadoop and Cloud environments - AWS, Azure and GCP | 15%
| Create and maintain ongoing debugging tool kits, user-defined functions using Python and Java scripts that we can deploy at the customer environment. | 15%
| Use REST APIs to build customer-specific requirement to provide extended product functionality | 10%
| Work with customer on understanding their complex Big Data needs, architect and present solutions to the customer | 10%