We’re hiring another designer to join our UX team. We hope you’ll join us in defining the next generation of data tools!
At Trifacta, we’re designing a product for a growing group of users who have a very real pain. Cleaning and structuring data is both a crucial and difficult activity for analysts, a process that traditionally requires a huge amount of time and effort. We believe that transforming data shouldn’t be a painful problem and that user-centered design is particularly well suited to creating simple, intuitive, and enjoyable solutions. This is a lofty goal in a space that is traditionally deprived of usable products.
As designers, we recognize, perhaps more than anybody else, the value of professional tools capable not only to accommodate our needs but also to empower and inspire us in our everyday work. Our mission (and our passion) is providing our users with these same great experiences. And our target users are tough ones: smart, skilled, incredibly task-driven data analysts with unique mental models. We are facing big challenges here: building modern data tools for a large variety of users and needs in a complex and incredibly dynamic context. How can we support them in the shift from spreadsheets to the world of big data? How can we give users the ability to understand the impact of their work on terabytes of data?
You will participate in the definition of a new generation of user interfaces capable of combining user inputs and machine learning technologies to accomplish complex tasks in simple, enjoyable ways. You will be part of an incredibly talented and diverse team in which collaboration and mutual respect are key.
We’re excited to tackle these challenges. If you find them exciting too, then you’re probably who we’re looking for!
Day to Day at Trifacta
- We work closely with PMs to discover and understand user needs and requirements. We hope you can help define what we should be solving, not just how we solve it.
- We also work closely with engineers to understand technical considerations and implement our designs down to the last detail.
- Our team deeply values collaboration. We hope you enjoy working with other designers in an friendly, open, and direct environment. We hope you’re confident, but willing to learn. We want to learn from you too.
- You’ll drive your designs forward through every step of the design process and know what details matter at each stage: formative research, conceptual and interaction design, prototyping, and usability studies. Through this process we’d rather you show than tell.
- Our company and processes are ever-changing, so we hope you can embrace and influence the change to make Trifacta a better place.
You Should Have:
- English language fluency.
- This is a senior role. You must have at least 3 years designing and shipping digital products.
- We’re creating a data product, so an interest in data problems and the users that face them is essential.
- Our user facing product is a web app, so you should have a good understanding of current web design best practices and patterns, from high level navigation down to the the smallest of microinteractions. You should have a good understanding of HTML/CSS and a basic understand of JS.
- Experience with user research and user studies.
Big Bonus Points If You Have
- Experience defining design pattern libraries.
- Experience designing or using data products, data visualization, or enterprise software.
- Good visual design skills.
- Technical skills that you can leverage for prototyping and close collaboration with engineers.
- Experience designing in a start up and an understanding of the challenges and excitement it entails.
Please apply in english and include a link to your portfolio.