The Revenue Accounting Manager is responsible for all aspects of revenue accounting and recognition, reporting and financial operations. Critical components of this position include ASC 606 compliance, revenue recognition policy management and accounting, revenue and billing system management, month-end close, deal desk participation and customer contract review. This position will initially be a sole contributor role and will work closely in cross-functional teams, most specifically including FP&A, revenue operations, sales, customer success and engineering.
The Revenue Accounting Manager will work closely with the controller to manage the initial ASC 606 implementation and a revenue and billing system re-engineering/implementation.
- Implement and maintain all aspects of ASC 606 compliance, including first-year implementation, revenue recognition policy, accounting and systems.
- Manage and perform accounting for all revenue transactions and prepare related reports, analysis and reconciliations.
- Manage and perform period-end close for all revenue and related accounting.
- Serve as administrator for invoicing and revenue systems.
- Actively participate on customer contract deal desk.
- Manage accounts receivable quality and customer collections and related reserve analysis and accounting.
- Manage all revenue-related processes and controls and related policy memos.
- Manage revenue and accounts receivable audit areas for annual external corporate audit.
- Assist tax advisers with revenue-related requests as necessary.
- Assist with metric reporting as assigned.
- Participate in the budget and forecast process.
- Must have minimum of seven years progressive accounting and/or finance experience in a public accounting firm (Big 4 or second tier firm preferred) and/or combination of public accounting background/similar corporate experience.
- Must have current and working knowledge of revenue recognition accounting guidance/ASC 606.
- ASC 606 implementation experience strongly preferred.
- SaaS/technology industry experience strongly preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Able to embrace flexibility in assignments and the work environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively interact with business owners and senior level management.
- Must possess effective project management skills with ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Netsuite, Salesforce, billing systems. Systems implementation experience strongly preferred. Experience with SaaS Optics a plus.
- Experience in startup, fast-growing company strongly preferred.
- Experience working with international subsidiaries is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- CPA is required.