The Senior Accountant is responsible for day-to-day accounting operations in the US subsidiary of Trifacta, Inc. (the parent company). This role will be very hands-on and play an integral part in all aspects of accounting operations with opportunities to work on various projects as we scale. Great candidates will be adaptable and able to work through complex problems. Working closely with the US Accounting Manager, you will ensure the success of a timely month-end close. To support our fast-paced growth environment, we are looking for someone that is highly self-motivated with excellent communication skills.
- Prepare journal entries in NetSuite, including banking activity, credit cards and reconcile to bank statements at month-end
- Perform timely balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure integrity and accuracy of the financial statements, such as Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Cash, Prepaids, Accrued Liabilities, etc.
- Accounts Payable - Receive all incoming invoices, route for approval, enter into accounting system, identify vendors for weekly payments and ensure timely accurate payment of vendor invoices and take the lead of resolving invoices and payment issues with internal/external parties using Bill.com
- Review and process employee reimbursable expenses through Expensify
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with internal policies and procedures, maintain month-end account reconciliation and vendor files
- Assist with procedure documentation and implementing processes and accounting policies within the company
- Analyze month-end results by performing flux analyses on the balance sheet and P&L
- Partner with other teams to understand inputs/assumptions as the basis of our GL entries
- Evaluate and communicate complex accounting topics to your manager and team, taking ownership of your assigned areas
- Assist with external audits and PBC requests as needed
- Support ad-hoc financial analysis and reporting as requested
What We Look For
- Solid experience using NetSuite
- Three-five years of progressive accounting experience
- Operational accounting experience in a growing SaaS technology business and strong understanding of US GAAP
- GSuite and Excel skills
Our team strives to set a new bar for SAAS based products with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We have recently raised our Series-E funding of $100 million. Our product is highly differentiated and has a very strong unique value proposition. Our product is OEMed by google for a first class service on GCP (https://cloud.google.com/dataprep/) as well as IBM for Watson Platform (their AI and Data platform).
We operate with a trust based culture with strong independence and autonomy to teams. We don't operate under artificial deadlines and give freedom to every engineer to do engineering in the right way. We operate as a single team and display great teamwork. We believe in creating the impact through our work. We offer a learning environment with exposure to a broad range of engineering problem statements and a collaborative setup to solve them well. See - https://www.trifacta.com/about-us/ for some more details.
Trifacta is an equal opportunity employer. At Trifacta, we are committed to cultivating a culture of authenticity, inclusion and connectedness. Our diverse voices and backgrounds enrich the Trifacta community with experience, insights, knowledge, innovation and the collective ability to achieve excellence. We respect and value the unique contributions of each individual, creating a safe space for self-expression across ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, language, education, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, opinions, cultures and beliefs. We know that embracing our differences has a multiplying effect and brings out the best of humanity.