Trifacta‘s mission is to help people and organizations get the most out of their data by making complex input ready for analysis. Combining decades of innovative work in human-computer interaction and scalable data management with the latest machine learning technologies, Trifacta’s unique solution creates a bidirectional partnership between user and machine, with each component learning from the other and becoming smarter through use.
As a member of the Product Design Team, you will contribute to Trifacta’s growth using human-centered research methods to understand people, generate new offerings and rapidly experiment with new ideas. You will dig into complex, ambiguous, human-centered problems. You will be charged with designing and conducting customer research, identifying the problem from the user’s point of view, developing insights and opportunity areas, leading ideation and partnering with cross-functional teams to act on research insights across product, marketing and customer service.
- Design and execute qualitative and quantitative research across the product lifecycle using different methods and techniques based on project goals and timelines
- Inform and participate in product decisions from definition to launch (and after), working at both a strategic and tactical level
- Integrate research into the product development process and plan and prioritize research opportunities together with product management and UX designers
- Work with cross-functional teams to socialize research findings and generate revelatory insights
- Bring insights about users by a variety of methods whether it be surveys, interviews, log analysis, usability studies, diary studies, ethnographic observations, etc.
- Synthesize research findings to convey the “so what,” surfacing fresh insights and opportunities from research
- Visually represent research findings via personas, journeys, mental/conceptual models
- Help teams design meaningful and usable solutions (e.g., leading ideation sessions, conducting concept resonance and feedback research, etc.)
- 7-10 years of hands-on experience conducting primary qualitative research in an applied setting (interviews, ethnographic studies, usability testing, etc.)
- 7-10 years managing all stages of quantitative research in an applied setting (survey design, operational execution, data analysis and synthesis)
- Working knowledge of quantitative, behavioral analysis and statistics
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience, deliverables, and the ability to extract actionable insights from quantitative and qualitative data
- Proven track record of influencing product teams to act on research findings
- MA/MS in HCI, psychology, sociology, anthropology, business, computer science, market research or related discipline
- Experience researching or using data products and/or data visualization tools, SQL or ETL is a plus
Our team strives to set a new bar for SAAS based products with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We have recently raised our Series-E funding of $100 million. Our product is highly differentiated and has a very strong unique value proposition. Our product is OEMed by google for a first class service on GCP (https://cloud.google.com/dataprep/) as well as IBM for Watson Platform (their AI and Data platform).
We operate with a trust based culture with strong independence and autonomy to teams. We don't operate under artificial deadlines and give freedom to every designer to approach their work in the right way. We operate as a single team and display great teamwork. We believe in creating the impact through our work. We offer a learning environment with exposure to a broad range of design challenges and a collaborative setup to solve them well. See - https://www.trifacta.com/about-us/ for some more details.
Trifacta is an equal opportunity employer. At Trifacta, we are committed to cultivating a culture of authenticity, inclusion and connectedness. Our diverse voices and backgrounds enrich the Trifacta community with experience, insights, knowledge, innovation and the collective ability to achieve excellence. We respect and value the unique contributions of each individual, creating a safe space for self-expression across ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, language, education, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, opinions, cultures and beliefs. We know that embracing our differences has a multiplying effect and brings out the best of humanity.