Do you enjoy helping people find and use apps and software to solve their problems? Do you want to directly contribute to the growth and success of a startup?
Trifacta is seeking a technically savvy Product Advocate, a new role at our company (recent grads welcome to apply!)
You will be the first line of engagement and the face of Trifacta for future customers as a product expert responding quickly to questions, issues, and comments through in-product chat, web chat and social media. This role will be working closely with the Inside Sales team and Support team to route conversations to the appropriate teams. You will also work closely with the Lifecycle and Education team for the onboarding, education, and support of our free users.
As an advocate for our free trial users, your primary goal is to help users solve their business problems through the understanding and adoption of practical applications of our product. This will be achieved through proactive advocacy, education, and consultative support.
This is a great opportunity for a candidate looking to advance their career in a fast-growing startup software company. You will gain the knowledge, skills, and foundation for a successful career in cloud data warehouse technology and data engineering software.
You’ll be joining the Growth team - a cross functional group of marketers, product managers, engineers, designers, and data scientists obsessed with the customer journey.
This role can be based anywhere (remote), will report directly to the Head of Growth, and can be part time (20 hours) or full time.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Be the face of Trifacta
- Create a great first impression and experience for our free users and potential users
- As the first responder for users, address questions from and educate free users and potential users via in-product chat, web chat, and social media
- Establish and maintain good rapport with free users during their first few days by communicating effectively and efficiently while anticipating their needs
- Engage with and educate users and represent Trifacta as a product advocate via social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- User Support and Advocate
- Answer basic technical questions accurately and credibly, and act as a traffic controller by qualifying the needs of the user to route them to Sales or Support for advanced troubleshooting, purchasing, or further sales support.
- Help users navigate their free trial during their first few days and point them to right resources
- Ensure the correct team members (from Sales, Support, etc.) follow up with users in a timely manner and maintain SLAs
- Proactively identify ways to improve our customer experience by leveraging your customer interactions and represent the voice of the customer to effectively communicate product improvements to our Product & Engineering teams.
- Become a Product Expert
- Become an expert on Trifacta's product to resolve common questions and provide guidance to users on how Trifacta works and what it is capable of
- Keep up to date with the latest product updates to leverage new features and functionalities to help users
- Work with the various customer-facing teams to run training sessions and office hours for our free users and potential users
What skills do I need?
Remember that there’s no such thing as the perfect candidate or background, which is what makes us unique and successful! Imposter syndrome is common, but we’d love to hear from you. So please don’t hesitate to apply, even if you don’t tick every box on this page! Recent grads are welcome to apply!
- Passion for talking to customers all day, every day
- A genuine enjoyment of technology
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Great problem solving abilities
- The ability to rapidly switch gears while retaining focus on the bigger picture
- The ability to explain complex topics in easy to understand and concise language
- Ambition, eagerness and the will to learn and improve upon your own skills
Bonus skills & attributes (Not Required)
- Previous experience in a troubleshooting environment or customer service/sales job
- Basic understanding of database technology or working with data
- Experience using Intercom or similar tool to chat with customers
- Degree in Data Science, Business Analytics, Information Systems, Computer Science or similar is a huge plus (not required)
- Fluent in multiple languages (written and spoken) is a huge plus (not required)
Our team strives to set a new bar for SAAS based products with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We have recently raised our Series-E funding of $100 million. Our product is highly differentiated and has a very strong unique value proposition. Our product is OEMed by google for a first class service on GCP (https://cloud.google.com/dataprep/) as well as IBM for Watson Platform (their AI and Data platform).
We operate with a trust based culture with strong independence and autonomy to teams. We don't operate under artificial deadlines and give freedom to every engineer to do engineering in the right way. We operate as a single team and display great teamwork. We believe in creating the impact through our work. We offer a learning environment with exposure to a broad range of engineering problem statements and a collaborative setup to solve them well. See - https://www.trifacta.com/about-us/ for some more details.
Trifacta is an equal opportunity employer. At Trifacta, we are committed to cultivating a culture of authenticity, inclusion and connectedness. Our diverse voices and backgrounds enrich the Trifacta community with experience, insights, knowledge, innovation and the collective ability to achieve excellence. We respect and value the unique contributions of each individual, creating a safe space for self-expression across ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, language, education, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, opinions, cultures and beliefs. We know that embracing our differences has a multiplying effect and brings out the best of humanity.