As the HR Manager, EMEA Region operating out of Berlin, you will be responsible for providing sound counsel and guidance in all areas of the Human Resource practice and for execution of the day to day HR function, to include but not limited to: management of the entire employee life-cycle, talent acquisition, on-boarding, compensation, performance management/coaching, employee relations.
You will be an integral part of the team providing expertise in people operations and organizational health to anticipate challenges, diagnose problems, prescribe actions, and facilitate programs that have a direct impact on the success of the organization. The ideal candidate is an experienced HR partner that thrives in navigating ambiguity, adapting quickly to a changing environment. If partnering closely to solve business challenges through people solutions, collaborating across geographies and thinking differently about how we approach work and teams sounds like the place for you, we would love to talk!
This is an individual contributor role which will provide support to our locations throughout EMEA, including Germany, UK and France. As the trusted advisor your key responsibilities will include the following:
- Partnering with other HR team members including HR Operations and Talent Acquisition to develop a strategic, integrated approach to delivering HR services and programs in region.
- Partnering and collaborating with business leaders to provide consultative support in the areas of onboarding/offboarding, recruitment, employee engagement, performance management, retention, employee relations, talent development, and compensation.
- Acting as the go-to person and trusted advisor to our European management teams and employees; providing advice and guidance. Partner and proactively work alongside the managers and employees to foster a high performing organization that instills Trifacta values.
- Assessing current state of employment programs and policies, recommend and implement key changes and own ongoing development of locally specific employee policies & procedures.
- Recognize, investigate, and resolve employee relations issues in an effective and timely manner. Partnering with in-country legal experts as needed.
- Scaling, building, implementing and overseeing operational HR processes and in-country HR service delivery in partnership with our strategic HR and Payroll partner (Vistra).
- Oversee onboarding, offboarding, promotion and all related processes in line with in-country requirements. Maintaining key employee and labor relations requirements
- Addressing compliance issues and recommending in-country specific HR practices to ensure consistent interpretation and application of human resource policies, statutory regulations and employment law.
- Coordinating and preparing documents to support employee hires ( and interns) , transfers, promotions and exits, i.e., employee change processes, employee amendment letters, employment agreements, job descriptions. Liaising with payroll and benefits on any outstanding issues and documentation requirements
- Rolling out initiatives and projects including compensation strategy, performance management, talent management, and career development.
- Bachelor’s degree required in HR or related field
- HR Certification a plus
- Master’s degree or MBA a plus.
- 6+ years of progressive experience in human resource management, especially in performance management, employee relations, and coaching. Experience must include hands-on HR Generalist AND HR Business partner experience.
- Experience managing a small HR function and have a willingness to be hands-on, get things done and be involved in everyday HR operational activities, as well as creating and driving the strategic direction of the HR function.
- Proficient practitioner level knowledge of applicable employment laws required. Ability to source country specific employment regulations, interpret and apply.
- Experience working in a global organization, preferably with experience supporting an Engineering organization.
Preferred Candidate Qualities
- Startup experience preferred.
- Critical thinker who isn’t afraid to get into the weeds.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Must have strong English and German language skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team in a fast-paced entrepreneurial and constantly changing environment.
- Able to effectively build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence whilst working at multiple levels, with a high level of professionalism and integrity.
- A sense of humor and ability to roll with the punches is definitely a plus.
Our team strives to set a new bar for SAAS based products with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We have recently raised our Series-E funding of $100 million. Our product is highly differentiated and has a very strong unique value proposition. Our product is OEMed by google for a first class service on GCP (https://cloud.google.com/dataprep/) as well as IBM for Watson Platform (their AI and Data platform).
We operate with a trust based culture with strong independence and autonomy to teams. We don't operate under artificial deadlines and give freedom to every engineer to do engineering in the right way. We operate as a single team and display great teamwork. We believe in creating the impact through our work. We offer a learning environment with exposure to a broad range of engineering problem statements and a collaborative setup to solve them well. See - https://www.trifacta.com/about-us/ for some more details.
Trifacta is an equal opportunity employer. At Trifacta, we are committed to cultivating a culture of authenticity, inclusion and connectedness. Our diverse voices and backgrounds enrich the Trifacta community with experience, insights, knowledge, innovation and the collective ability to achieve excellence. We respect and value the unique contributions of each individual, creating a safe space for self-expression across ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, language, education, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, opinions, cultures and beliefs. We know that embracing our differences has a multiplying effect and brings out the best of humanity.