Product Specialist, Trifacta
Trifacta was founded in the year 2012 to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: ready to process Data. Chief Strategy Officer Joe Hellerstein, Chief Experience Officer Jeffrey Heer and Chief Technical Officer Sean Kandel have a 20-year track record of joint research and development. They first teamed up when Joe was researching data-centric systems at UC Berkeley, while Jeffrey and Sean were developing new tools for data transformation and discovery at Stanford. This work resulted in Data Wrangler, a breakthrough tool for data transformation and discovery, which launched in 2011. A year later, the threesome founded Trifacta to commercialize what had begun as an academic research project.
Trifacta is the industry pioneer and established leader of the global market for data preparation technology. Our products draw on decades of research in human-computer interaction, scalable data management and machine learning to make the process of refining data faster and more intuitive. Today, more than 50,000 Data Engineers, Data Analysts and Data Scientists across 12,000 companies use our solutions. And every independent and analyst ranking has named Trifacta the number one data preparation solution worldwide. But we know many more companies can benefit from using Trifacta, especially as more companies leverage our self service SaaS solution in the cloud.
Data is often the most important asset for Trifacta’s customers, and this couldn’t be more true also for Trifacta. At the heart of our growth strategy is the ability for us to leverage the wealth of data we have about our customers and users.
Trifacta, the pioneer in data transformation, significantly enhances the value of an enterprise’s data by enabling users to easily transform raw, complex data into clean and structured inputs for analysis. Leveraging decades of innovative work in human-computer interaction, scalable data management, and machine learning, Trifacta’s unique Predictive Interaction technology creates a bidirectional partnership between user and machine, with each component learning from the other and becoming smarter through use.
We are seeking an experienced product content specialist who will work closely with our product managers, marketing, sales engineering and customer success team to create critical product content assets that will help users jump start or expand their product usage. You will work to understand customer use cases and requirements, help implement product solutions and templatize them into reusable product artifacts. In addition, you will collaborate with other content writers in the organization to document, annotate and author helpful user facing content related to the product artifacts that you create. You will work with engineering to operationalize and productionize the product content pipeline to ensure product content quality and consistency.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU’LL
- Onboard yourself to the Trifacta product and become a certified Trifacta Wrangler
- Understanding existing product content process and workflow
- Meet with various stakeholders across product, engineering, marketing and CSM teams to understand information ownership and flow within the organization
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL.
- Begin to understand common user scenarios and use cases, ability to author product solutions and templatize them into reusable artifacts
- Establish process for crowd sourcing product artifacts and content across various channels within the company and external sources
- Work with product and marketing teams to define and execute near term product content roadmap, including authoring product artifacts as well as helpful user facing content related to the artifacts
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Collaborate closely with CSM and sales engineering teams to continuously incorporate use cases and common solutions into product content roadmap, including content crowd sourced from users
- Work with engineering to harden product content publishing and productization process
- Contribute to longer term product content strategy and roadmap
- Relevant hands on working with complex data
- Skilled analytically and strong technical understanding of data concepts and SQL
- 3+ years of technical content creation and/or copywriting experience
- Excellent writing skills and proven track record of writing help content with end users in mind
- Capacity to collaborate and communicate effectively with broad range of cross functional stakeholders
- Self motivated and ability to work independently
Our team strives to set a new bar for SAAS based products with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We have recently raised our Series-E funding of $100 million.Our product is highly differentiated and has a very strong unique value proposition. Our product is white-labeled by Google as a native solution within GCP (https://cloud.google.com/dataprep/) as well as IBM for Watson Platform (their AI and Data platform).
We operate with a trust based culture with strong independence and autonomy to teams. We don't operate under artificial deadlines and give freedom to every contributor to own and make informed decisions. We operate as a single team and display great teamwork. We believe in creating the impact through our work. We offer a learning environment with exposure to a broad range of problem area and a collaborative setup to solve them well. See - https://www.trifacta.com/about-us/ for some more details.
Trifacta is an equal opportunity employer. At Trifacta, we are committed to cultivating a culture of authenticity, inclusion and connectedness. Our diverse voices and backgrounds enrich the Trifacta community with experience, insights, knowledge, innovation and the collective ability to achieve excellence. We respect and value the unique contributions of each individual, creating a safe space for self-expression across ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, language, education, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, opinions, cultures and beliefs. We know that embracing our differences has a multiplying effect and brings out the best of humanity.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
(Sign up to stay in touch, we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.)