The Accounting Manager is responsible for the global (US & foreign subsidiaries) accounting function and related financial operations and controls. In this role, you will oversee the timely and accurate completion of the US consolidated period-end close calendar with the support of the Senior Accountant as your direct report. You will also be the point of contact for the external accountants at the subsidiary level ensuring the thorough review of subsidiary financials before importing into NetSuite. This is a high-visibility role working closely with other departments such as HR, Marketing and Engineering on various projects. This position will not manage revenue directly but will work closely with the Revenue Accounting Manager for revenue accounting and ASC606 implementation.
- Lead and manage the entire US and US consolidated period-end accounting close, including calendar adherence and the reconciliation and review process.
- Establish and ensure compliance with accounting period close procedures and controls.
- Lead and assist with accounting and operational policy and procedure drafts and implementation.
- Manage international subsidiary accounting and related external service providers.
- Manage the accounts payable and expense reporting process through Bill.com and Expensify.
- Serve as the administrator and implement controls, system upgrades, perform troubleshooting, and expansion initiatives as necessary for the accounting systems stack (i.e.g NetSuite, Expensify, Bill.com, etc.).
- Manage cost center accounting policy in collaboration with FP&A and assist with monthly budget versus actual reviews.
- Work closely with Controller and FP&A to prepare and review period-end reporting packages.
- Work closely with the Revenue Accounting Manager to post monthly revenue journal entries and import invoicing transactions.
- Lead and assist with annual external audits.
- Assist with all tax compliance and support tax return filings.
- Assist with new accounting guidance implementation.
- Participate in special projects as assigned, currently the following are additional projects requiring attention and implementation:
- Manage the newly implemented credit card policy and ensure employee adherence.
- Work closely with HR on implementing an employee incentive gift card program.
- Work closely with IT on Fixed Asset tagging and maintenance of asset log.
- Must have a minimum of five years progressive accounting experience in a public accounting firm (Big 4 or second tier firm preferred) or equivalent experience as an accounting manager/senior accountant.
- Must have current knowledge of US GAAP accounting and reporting principles.
- Experience working with international subsidiaries and foreign currency is required.
- Advanced proficiency with NetSuite/NetSuite administration is required, and related implementation experience is strongly preferred.
- SaaS/technology industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and able to self-manage and work independently.
- Able to embrace flexibility in assignments and the work environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with business owners and senior level management.
- Must possess effective project management skills with ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in a startup, fast-growing company strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- CPA/CPA candidates are preferred but not required.
Our team strives to set a new bar for SAAS based products with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We have recently raised our Series-E funding of $100 million. Our product is highly differentiated and has a very strong unique value proposition. Our product is OEMed by google for a first class service on GCP (https://cloud.google.com/dataprep/) as well as IBM for Watson Platform (their AI and Data platform).
We operate with a trust based culture with strong independence and autonomy to teams. We don't operate under artificial deadlines and give freedom to every engineer to do engineering in the right way. We operate as a single team and display great teamwork. We believe in creating the impact through our work. We offer a learning environment with exposure to a broad range of engineering problem statements and a collaborative setup to solve them well. See - https://www.trifacta.com/about-us/ for some more details.
Trifacta is an equal opportunity employer. At Trifacta, we are committed to cultivating a culture of authenticity, inclusion and connectedness. Our diverse voices and backgrounds enrich the Trifacta community with experience, insights, knowledge, innovation and the collective ability to achieve excellence. We respect and value the unique contributions of each individual, creating a safe space for self-expression across ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, language, education, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, opinions, cultures and beliefs. We know that embracing our differences has a multiplying effect and brings out the best of humanity.