Trifacta is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our Professional Services (PS), North America team. We're looking for someone passionate about engaging with our customers as the strategic technical advisor, data strategist, and advocate to drive and manage the technical implementation across the adoption process. This role will be the primary customer-facing member of the PS team during implementation and will work closely with customer success, product management, engineering, and marketing team members to ensure the success of our customers' implementations so that they realize meaningful business value from their purchase of Trifacta.
Trifacta, the pioneer in data transformation, significantly enhances the value of an enterprise's Big Data initiatives by enabling data engineers to easily transform raw, complex data into clean and structured inputs for analysis. Leveraging decades of innovative work in human-computer interaction, scalable data management, and machine learning, Trifacta's unique Predictive Interaction technology creates a bidirectional partnership between user and machine, with each component learning from the other and becoming smarter through use. Trifacta is backed by venture capital firms Accel, Greylock and Ignition Partners and is headquartered in San Francisco. Its founders and technical advisors include global leaders in data science, interaction design, and big data.
- Primary responsibility will include delivering successful Trifacta projects to our customers and providing valuable data solutions through use-case workshops.
- Deliver basic and advanced Trifacta training, demos and use-case presentations.
Provide technical thought leadership and guidance to the Trifacta user community through white papers, blogs, community articles, and wrangling challenges.
- Partner with the customer’s technical team team to develop ideal Data architectures, deliver Technical Architecture Reviews, and provide data pipeline design reviews.
- Build strong relationships with our customer champions, business partners, project owners, and customer's technical staff.
- Continue to learn new Trifacta functionalities and other partner technologies supporting the project delivery.
- Provide timely project updates to all stakeholders, complete time and expense reports on time, and follow other organization processes to support the customer success and project delivery.
- Be a Trifacta advocate.
- 5+ years experience as a professional service, pre-sales, technical architect, or other technical consulting roles.
- 3+ years experience in cloud ecosystem (AWS, Azure or GCP), Big Data, and familiarity with ETL/ELT Architecture.
- Strong experience in analyzing raw data, performing transformations, building data solutions, and optimized data pipelines.
- Exposure to cloud DW technologies like Snowflakes, RedShift, and SQL DW.
- Experience in handling high volume data and good understanding on spark execution - EMR, DataBricks, Dataflow, HD Insights.
- Experience with relational database systems and handling complex SQL queries.
- Ability to understand customer's technical environments, business requirements and articulate data solutions using Trifacta.
- Knowledge in one of the coding languages such as Python, R, Scala, or Spark SQL.
- Good understanding of using and developing APIs.
- Previous experience as a data engineer or in a similar role handling data.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work remotely and open to minimal travel (up to 20%).
- Experience in data prep or data transformation tools like Alteryx, Informatica BDM, DataMeer, Paxata is a plus
- Experience in Tableau, Power BI, or another visualization tool.
- Certification in any Trifacta partner technologies - GCP, Azure, AWS, Tableau, DataBricks, Snowflakes is a plus.
- Experience leading the Technical Delivery of Enterprise Data management projects
- Expert level database and data management skills.
Our team strives to set a new bar for SAAS based products with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We have recently raised our Series-E funding of $100 million. Our product is highly differentiated and has a very strong unique value proposition. Our product is OEMed by google for a first class service on GCP (https://cloud.google.com/dataprep/) as well as IBM for Watson Platform (their AI and Data platform).
We operate with a trust based culture with strong independence and autonomy to teams. We don't operate under artificial deadlines and give freedom to every engineer to do engineering in the right way. We operate as a single team and display great teamwork. We believe in creating the impact through our work. We offer a learning environment with exposure to a broad range of engineering problem statements and a collaborative setup to solve them well. See - https://www.trifacta.com/about-us/ for some more details.
Trifacta is an equal opportunity employer. At Trifacta, we are committed to cultivating a culture of authenticity, inclusion and connectedness. Our diverse voices and backgrounds enrich the Trifacta community with experience, insights, knowledge, innovation and the collective ability to achieve excellence. We respect and value the unique contributions of each individual, creating a safe space for self-expression across ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, language, education, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, opinions, cultures and beliefs. We know that embracing our differences has a multiplying effect and brings out the best of humanity.