Trifacta was founded in the year 2012 to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: ready to process Data. Chief Strategy Officer Joe Hellerstein, Chief Experience Officer Jeffrey Heer and Chief Technical Officer Sean Kandel have a 20-year track record of joint research and development. They first teamed up when Joe was researching data-centric systems at UC Berkeley, while Jeffrey and Sean were developing new tools for data transformation and discovery at Stanford. This work resulted in Data Wrangler, a breakthrough tool for data transformation and discovery, which launched in 2011. A year later, the threesome founded Trifacta to commercialize what had begun as an academic research project.
Trifacta is the industry pioneer and established leader of the global market for data preparation technology. Our products draw on decades of research in human-computer interaction, scalable data management and machine learning to make the process of refining data faster and more intuitive. Today, more than 50,000 Data Wranglers across 12,000 companies use our solutions. And every independent and analyst ranking has named Trifacta the number one data preparation solution worldwide, but we know that many more companies can benefit from using Trifacta to either continue to grow their business or to weather the economic storm caused by COVID-19. Finding amazing talent is consistently one of the biggest challenges companies point to for successfully growing their business.
THE TEAM AND THE PRODUCT
Trifacta, the pioneer in data transformation, significantly enhances the value of an enterprise’s data by enabling users to easily transform raw, complex data into clean and structured inputs for analysis. Leveraging decades of innovative work in human-computer interaction, scalable data management, and machine learning, Trifacta’s unique Predictive Interaction technology creates a bidirectional partnership between user and machine, with each component learning from the other and becoming smarter through use. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop, and multiply the efforts of our Product team to be the best in the industry. We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, takes ownership and uses product understanding and the customer requirements, to deliver a huge impact on the business and the market, and raise the bar on how a high-performing team operates. This role reports to the Chief Product and Technology Officer based out of San Francisco.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU’LL
- Meet with key stakeholders from Product, Engineering, Customer Experience and Solutions, Sales, and other teams to get a better understanding of our industry, competitors, business, OKRs, and differentiators, and where Product fits in, with a particular focus on our mid-market segments, so that you can work with both engineering and customer facing teams to design an offering that aligns with top business priorities and market opportunities.
- Meet with Product, Engineering, and Customer Experience and Solutions to learn more about our product and product roadmap to gain a better understanding of where we stand out and what’s ahead of us, so that you can identify the best ways for us to differentiate ourselves in the market.
- Conduct 1:1s with your team to learn more about each person’s strengths and interests and learn more about what’s worked and didn’t work (and why) in the past with our Product approaches, so that you can map out relevant strategies and leverage your team.
- Complete interviews with at least 3 mid-sized customers to learn more about their experience with Trifacta, build rapport, and collect content for materials that customer-facing teams can use to drive revenue.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Meet with multiple customers and members of our Sales and Customer Success teams to gain knowledge of user needs, use cases, and pain points.
- Work with UX and Engineering to ensure successful delivery of product enhancements and create enablement content to educate our users and field on the value and usage of these enhancements
- Lead discovery, including research, user-interviews and prioritization for a product initiative.
- Develop understanding of internal data systems that can be used to help drive prioritization.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Gained knowledge of the Dataprep market and trends, including Trifacta’s competitors and partners, to help inform product strategy and execution
- Develop a research and delivery plan with your cross-functional team to address a product opportunity.
- Define measurable qualitative and quantitative success criteria for your plan
- Begin executing on this plan with your team
- Developed proficiency working with usage, customer and qualitative data to inform decision making and prioritization
SKILLS YOU POSSESS
- Minimum of 5 years of product management experience in the software industry, ideally in one of the data management domains (e.g. integration, transformation, machine learning or BI/analytics)
- Experience with cloud technologies and platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Exposure in areas such as deployment, security, IAM, connectivity and compliance
- Experience with Enterprise SaaS and cloud software product management
- Experience working at a growth stage software company or taking brand new product offerings to market
- Agile, nimble, data driven approach to product management
- Comfortable cutting through ambiguity and getting to decisions
- Self driven, you can keep things moving forward without external pressure
- Collaborative engagement style focusing on communication across teams
- Willing to travel occasionally to customers in Europe and HQ in San Francisco
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a similar technical discipline
- Knowledge and exposure to data analysis and data management tools and solutions
- Flexibility working across different offices & geographically distributed teams and time zones
- Experience analyzing and making decisions based off of product usage information
- Strong analytical, written, and communication skills
- Detail and results oriented; skilled at both planning and hands-on execution
- Superior communication skills, particularly with writing and visual storytelling
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively with multiple audiences, from C-level to entry level, both internal and external
- Strong understanding of enterprise selling model for cloud and on-premises software solutions
Our team strives to set a new bar for SAAS based products with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We have recently raised our Series-E funding of $100 million.Our product is highly differentiated and has a very strong unique value proposition. Our product is OEMed by google for a first class service on GCP (https://cloud.google.com/dataprep/) as well as IBM for Watson Platform (their AI and Data platform).
We operate with a trust based culture with strong independence and autonomy to teams. We don't operate under artificial deadlines and give freedom to every engineer to do engineering in the right way. We operate as a single team and display great teamwork. We believe in creating the impact through our work. We offer a learning environment with exposure to a broad range of engineering problem statements and a collaborative setup to solve them well. See - https://www.trifacta.com/about-us/ for some more details.
Trifacta is an equal opportunity employer. At Trifacta, we are committed to cultivating a culture of authenticity, inclusion and connectedness. Our diverse voices and backgrounds enrich the Trifacta community with experience, insights, knowledge, innovation and the collective ability to achieve excellence. We respect and value the unique contributions of each individual, creating a safe space for self-expression across ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, language, education, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, opinions, cultures and beliefs. We know that embracing our differences has a multiplying effect and brings out the best of humanity.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT? - (Sign up to stay in touch, we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.)