Trifacta is looking for an outstanding sales engineer with a track record of success to join our sales team. We’re looking for someone passionate about engaging with prospects and customers as the key technical advisor and advocate to drive and manage the technology evaluation stages of the sales process at some of the world’s largest companies. This role will be the primary customer-facing technical member of the sales team but also cross functions with product management, engineering, and marketing in addition to being responsible for the success of prospects’ technical evaluation and business value of Trifacta.
- Develop and continually refine deep Trifacta product knowledge.
- Ability to work as part of sales team to formulate and execute enterprise account strategies
- Participate in functional and technical discovery sessions
- Provide informational Trifacta presentations and live software demonstrations
- Data savvy and proficient at communicating data manipulation concepts
- Experience with building strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with the business end user
- Experience with building strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with our customer's technical staff
- Ability to articulate product positioning and competitive differentiation to both business and technical users
- Experience with responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Interact with current customers and prospects to define market requirements and new feature requests, ensure these are captured and communicated to the product team.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to travel 50%
- A minimum of 5+ years in a technical pre-sales or sales engineering role supporting strategic enterprise SaaS or PaaS Based Solutions
- Deep knowledge of sales cycle and presales activities
- Deep Experience with Cloud platform services - AWS/GCP/Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Enterprise level security (SSO/Kerberos/AD/LDAP/Equivalent)
- Complex systems and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Experience with enterprise Cloud based architectures
- Comfortable and quick with learning new technologies as needed
- Data industry experience – SaaS, PaaS, Big Data, application integration/ETL, BI, DataViz, or analytic applications
- Experience with SaaS applications, Hadoop, Linux, Relational Databases desired
Our team strives to set a new bar for SAAS based products with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We have recently raised our Series-E funding of $100 million.Our product is highly differentiated and has a very strong unique value proposition. Our product is OEMed by google for a first class service on GCP (https://cloud.google.com/dataprep/) as well as IBM for Watson Platform (their AI and Data platform).
We operate with a trust based culture with strong independence and autonomy to teams. We don't operate under artificial deadlines and give freedom to every engineer to do engineering in the right way. We operate as a single team and display great teamwork. We believe in creating the impact through our work. We offer a learning environment with exposure to a broad range of engineering problem statements and a collaborative setup to solve them well. See - https://www.trifacta.com/about-us/ for some more details.
Trifacta is an equal opportunity employer. At Trifacta, we are committed to cultivating a culture of authenticity, inclusion and connectedness. Our diverse voices and backgrounds enrich the Trifacta community with experience, insights, knowledge, innovation and the collective ability to achieve excellence. We respect and value the unique contributions of each individual, creating a safe space for self-expression across ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, language, education, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, opinions, cultures and beliefs. We know that embracing our differences has a multiplying effect and brings out the best of humanity.