Trifacta‘s mission is to help people and organization to get the most out of their data by making complex and raw input ready for analysis. Combining decades of innovative work in human-computer interaction and scalable data management with latest machine learning technologies, Trifacta’s unique solution creates a bidirectional partnership between user and machine, with each component learning from the other and becoming smarter through use.
As we expand our product offerings, we’re refining and extending our brand and web surface areas, to reach a growing customer base. Our goal is to inspire prospective and existing customers to explore and try the best products and features to suit their long-term needs, through an effective and frictionless web experience. To accomplish our mission, there needs to be a natural intersection of brand, marketing, and growth.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about using the web as a medium to tell stories, a creative multitasker with the ability to lead by example and consistently inspire the team to create captivating and compelling design solutions. You will be leading the design effort for our primary website (Trifacta.com), working closely with product marketers to ship great work that drives product awareness, user acquisition, activation, and retention. The role will focus on unifying our external marketing design and brand elements with that of our product. You will help us evolving the Trifacta brand and create world-class designs that will inspire a generation of data workers. You will create strong cross-functional relationships across the Marketing team and beyond. As part of the Design team, you will also help us to grow the overall design maturity in the organization, identifying new opportunities and helping others as the team and company grow.
What you will be doing
- Work closely with a cross-functional team to help develop and expand our web presence and brand, including our website, social media presence, content, collateral and other assets.
- Unify design elements across marketing/brand and product.
- Influence strategic decisions across all the corners of our web presence and identify opportunities to up-level how we communicate value to our customers.
- Craft novel moments of storytelling and delight for Trifacta.com from initial concept through shipping and beyond.
- Work closely with marketers and fellow designers to help re-define and expand our brand and web design system.
- Concept, design, prototype, and conduct user testing. Iterate based on feedback to create simple, impactful experiences.
- Bring clarity and insight to problems that are broad and ambiguous in scope, integrating user, business, and technical constraints into a compelling narrative.
- Present to cross-functional partners both inside and outside of marketing, including to all levels of leadership through to C level.
- Stay on top of the competitive design landscape to better understand brand objectives, target markets, and industry trends and share these insights with the team.
- Roughly 4+ years relevant web design experience — ideally at a tech-forward, product-driven company.
- A passion for the web as a storytelling medium, demonstrable through an accessible portfolio showcasing strong typography, visual design, interaction design and brand system implementation. Illustration and animation skills are a bonus.
- Collaborate effectively with others in a cross-functional team, present and explain your design ideas and decisions effectively.
- High level of accountability and motivation.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment, managing internal priorities and constraints.
- Ability to identify and frame problems and opportunities from a user-centric perspective, leaning on data & research.
- Maintain a high-bar for creative quality for yourself and others while pushing to find the best solution to meet company goals.