About The Opportunity
- We are seeking an assured Principal Engineer to establish, and deliver upon, a shared team Technical Vision which is aligned with the product roadmap that results in big outcomes for our customers.
- Our cross-functional teams are passionate about collaboration and sharing knowledge, as well as working with a high degree of autonomy.
- As a Principal Engineer at Trifacta, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in safeguarding high standards and setting a clear technical agenda within your team. You will also have a significant impact on the growth of the individuals within this team.
In This Role, You Will
- Manage product technical roadmaps and dependencies to minimise technical debt
- You will champion knowledge sharing, cultivate learning and avoid knowledge silos in the team
- Demonstrate healthy modern engineering practices through writing clean, well-tested and well-refactored code with the team.
- Demonstrate behaviours that encourage the DevSecOps culture and the pragmatic engineering attitude
- Lead initiatives to improve our company-wide engineering culture and discover ways to multiply the effectiveness of the team and the organisation
- Be involved in recruitment and employer brand projects to help make our engineering team stronger
- What you need to be successful:
- Experience architecting and developing complex systems for CD in a cloud-based environment
- Experience with modern engineering practices such as clean code, TDD, refactoring
- Previous experience leading an engineering team as a servant-leader
- Language Skills: full professional proficiency in English
- Experience developing, debugging, and testing web applications and distributed systems
- Experience with object-oriented design
- English language fluency, excellent communication skills
- Excellent team player
- Experience with Cloud platforms (GCP, AWS)
- Good understanding of Kubernetes and its ecosystem is a plus
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- A love of learning and love of helping others to learn and grow
- A passion for building a diverse and inclusive environment
- A sense of independence and an ability to establish structures or processes to adapt to a constantly evolving domain and environment
- A passion for tech with very close collaboration with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
What you can expect from us
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of the most exciting opportunities in the data space.
- We will help you grow your skills through mentorships and education support. Our environment is focused on collaboration and learning.
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- You will have a direct impact on the success of our projects.
Our team strives to set a new bar for SAAS based products with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We have recently raised our Series-E funding of $100 million. Our product is highly differentiated and has a very strong unique value proposition. Our product is OEMed by google for a first class service on GCP (https://cloud.google.com/dataprep/) as well as IBM for Watson Platform (their AI and Data platform).
We operate with a trust based culture with strong independence and autonomy to teams. We don't operate under artificial deadlines and give freedom to every engineer to do engineering in the right way. We operate as a single team and display great teamwork. We believe in creating the impact through our work. We offer a learning environment with exposure to a broad range of engineering problem statements and a collaborative setup to solve them well. See - https://www.trifacta.com/about-us/ for some more details.
Trifacta is an equal opportunity employer. At Trifacta, we are committed to cultivating a culture of authenticity, inclusion and connectedness. Our diverse voices and backgrounds enrich the Trifacta community with experience, insights, knowledge, innovation and the collective ability to achieve excellence. We respect and value the unique contributions of each individual, creating a safe space for self-expression across ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, language, education, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, opinions, cultures and beliefs. We know that embracing our differences has a multiplying effect and brings out the best of humanity.