A BIT ABOUT US
Trifacta was founded in the year 2012 to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: ready to process Data. Chief Strategy Officer Joe Hellerstein, Chief Experience Officer Jeffrey Heer and Chief Technical Officer Sean Kandel have a 20-year track record of joint research and development. They first teamed up when Joe was researching data-centric systems at UC Berkeley, while Jeffrey and Sean were developing new tools for data transformation and discovery at Stanford. This work resulted in Data Wrangler, a breakthrough tool for data transformation and discovery, which launched in 2011. A year later, the threesome founded Trifacta to commercialize what had begun as an academic research project.
Trifacta is the industry pioneer and established leader of the global market for data preparation technology. Our products draw on decades of research in human-computer interaction, scalable data management and machine learning to make the process of refining data faster and more intuitive. Today, more than 50,000 Data Wranglers across 12,000 companies use our solutions. And every independent and analyst ranking has named Trifacta the number one data preparation solution worldwide, but we know that many more companies can benefit from using Trifacta to either continue to grow their business or to weather the economic storm caused by COVID-19. Finding amazing talent is consistently one of the biggest challenges companies point to for successfully growing their business.
- On-boarding and Off-boarding.
- Handling first level calls and service requests from corporate/branch office, and remote employees, contractors and consultants.
- Create and dispatch work orders within the Service Desk Management System.
- Communicate with customers via phone, screen share, email, chat and in person to troubleshoot, discuss service expectations, relay relevant company policy, gather information...etc.
- Resolves customer issues in a timely fashion and escalates issues to other IT employees or groups as necessary.
- Use various software tools to remotely troubleshoot customer issues.
- Properly document steps taken leading to resolution or escalation of work orders.
- Setup, manage, configure, disable, and audit network accounts in the Account Management System.
- Learn, implement and follow procedures as prescribed by department operating documentation and standards.
- Learn, update, and revising knowledge of company, department, and team procedures and policies.
- Verify knowledge base articles and update as needed for incorrect or missing information.
- Properly track IT equipment as assigned to customers in the Service Desk Management System.
- Configuring devices for secure operations (encryption), including installation of security software, software updates, and other configurations as required.
- Re-image desktops and laptops, as needed, and deploy new equipment to end users.
- Retrieve equipment from departures to be re-imaged, reassigned, and updated in inventory.
- Maintenance of software distribution, and security, including virus updates and patch management.
- Perform advanced diagnostics, analysis, repairs, or replacement hardware for PC's, laptops, and printers.
- Maintaining employee backups for disaster and recovery.
- Creating and performs Security Awareness training and campaigns.
- Develop end-user documentation and instructions.
- Phone provisioning and de-commissioning.
- Setup and support in networking - LAN/WAN, VPN connectivity and WiFi protocols.
SKILLS YOU POSSESS
- Computer Science degree or equivalent education and experience desired.
- Minimum 2 years of proven IT Desktop Support and Help Desk experience supporting multiple OS platforms; Linux Ubuntu/CentOS, MacOS, Windows, iOS, and Android.
- Must have excellent organizational, analytical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in LAN/WAN, DNS/DHCP, Directory Services, Radius, VPN networking, and 2FA required.
- Knowledge on security best practices to keep internal networks and applications secure.
- Experienced in JumpCloud, Cisco/Meraki, Webroot Enterprise, G-Suite, JIRA/Confluence, Github, Zoom, Office365/Azure, AWS, GCP, Talkdesk, and Salesforce.
- Provide on the ground & remote support for all IT related requests, and occasionally be readily available during weekend and non-business hour support may be required.
- Have strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making capabilities.
- Must be able to work independently and self-directed, as well as within a team.
- Must be flexible to change and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid understanding of operational principles, such as capacity planning, monitoring and incident handling.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a background security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information.
- Some travel maybe required.
- You have 1-2 years of experience managing a team of 3-5 engineers as a people manager or as a tech lead.
- You have experience managing projects with multiple stakeholders (developers, product management, user experience design, quality assurance).
- You are a communicative and collaborative manager with excellent people skills and English language fluency.
- You have experience working with cross-site teams.
Our team strives to set a new bar for SAAS based products with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We have recently raised our Series-E funding of $100 million.Our product is highly differentiated and has a very strong unique value proposition. Our product is OEMed by google for a first class service on GCP (https://cloud.google.com/dataprep/) as well as IBM for Watson Platform (their AI and Data platform).
We operate with a trust based culture with strong independence and autonomy to teams. We don't operate under artificial deadlines and give freedom to every engineer to do engineering in the right way. We operate as a single team and display great teamwork. We believe in creating the impact through our work. We offer a learning environment with exposure to a broad range of engineering problem statements and a collaborative setup to solve them well. See - https://www.trifacta.com/about-us/ for some more details.
Trifacta is an equal opportunity employer. At Trifacta, we are committed to cultivating a culture of authenticity, inclusion and connectedness. Our diverse voices and backgrounds enrich the Trifacta community with experience, insights, knowledge, innovation and the collective ability to achieve excellence. We respect and value the unique contributions of each individual, creating a safe space for self-expression across ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, language, education, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, opinions, cultures and beliefs. We know that embracing our differences has a multiplying effect and brings out the best of humanity.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
(Sign up to stay in touch, we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.)